- Annual General Meetings
Hopefully members have been enjoying our newsletter that goes out monthly following the General meetings. If you have not been receiving it or have difficulty opening it, please let Ginny know. If you have any input on content, again, please let Di Filewod know.
- Minutes of Meetings
The minutes of the General meetings will now be published here for the members to see what is being planned, and how. A reminder that all members are encouraged to attend the General meetings which are held most months (usually we take a break for December through to February) and to get involved!!! Bring your ideas,and your willingness to work to make it happen.
Contact any member of the executive for more information or directions.
- Year End Awards
Awards are given for both Junior and Adults who have shown in the current year at fairs and local horse shows.
Awards are available for: Top Junior in Showmanship and Runner-Up Junior in Showmanship; Top Junior Driver and Runner-Up Junior Driver; Top Lady Driver; Top Gentleman Driver; Top Mare; Top Gelding; Top Stallion.
Rules for Junior Awards:
1. Juniors must be no older than 17 in the show year.
2. Send in results of your best placing at up to any 4 shows. We will use the best 3 and only use the 4th if needed to break a tie. There is no minimum number needed to enter.
3. Placing must be from junior classes which were actually judged. Classes where everyone gets a first do not count. You can only win in one division.
4. You must be sponsored by a club member.
5. Points awarded as follows: 1st place – 10 points; 2nd place – 9 points; 3rd place- 8 points; 4th place – 7 points; 5th place – 6 points; 6th place – 5 points.
A big thank-you to J.P. Sylvestre and Diane Perreault for sponsoring the trophies!
Junior Sponsor Show Class Placing Sally Malone Jane Brown Richmond Fair Jr. Driver 3rd
Click here to download the Jr Trophy Form .Come and join the fun!!
Awards for Ladies/Mens Driving and Mare, Gelding and Stallions – Use the same form as the Juniors use, no sponsor is required, just membership in good standing with the club. Awards are based on the best five shows with the six show being the tie-breaker. No minimum is required to enter your points.
The calculation of points is done by Mary Hume, and she must receive the show results by the end of the first week of October. Check the September newsletter for contact information.
We are excited to announce the launch of our new website. Thanks go out to Ginny and Glen for their input and assistance. Under Glen’s careful tutelage both Brian and Ginny are now able to do updates to the site!!
Members, please note that submissions must be received by the 20th of the month in order to appear on the website the following month. E-mail updates to Brian or Ginny.